QuakeTrip Features and Certifications
Outside and Inside of QuakeTrip Unit
Ground Motion Detection
- Uses 3-Axis Accelerometers.
- Distinguishes genuine earthquake shock waves from typical vibrations caused by traffic, industrial equipment, and man-made noise.
- Can show all seismic wave-forms with optional HMI touch screen.
Early Warning Capability
When connected to a third party sensor, QuakeTrip can provide early warning as well as
- provide low threshold warning
- set off internal and 3rd-party alarms
- provide signals to
- elevator systems and server systems
- external control equipment requiring emergency shutdown control
- emergency door openers
- remote siren or alarm systems or school and office alarms
- custom PLC or drive control systems
- emergency communication systems
- activate fire hall door opener
- main electrical breaker and selectable breaker shutoff
- gas valve shutdown
- water & waste water treatment valves
- pipeline valve controller
- emergency elevator shutdown
- highway / tunnel / rail displays
- activation of control valves and solenoids, including the main gas valve
- prevention of automatic restoration of power and gas.
Safety Control and Power
- Includes added control capabilities normally required in industrial applications such as
- PLC control
- relay outputs
- input sensors.
- Includes a built in UPS system.
- Provides continual earthquake monitoring via battery backup in the event of typical power outages.
- Provides event history.
QuakeTrip , made by SOFTAC Systems,has been successfully certified by:
AC-156 (California) Acceptance Criteria for Seismic Certification by Shake Table Testing of Non Structural Components